Order of Bravery with Crossed Silver Swords Ribbon Bar, Bulgaria View larger

Order of Bravery with Crossed Silver Swords Ribbon Bar, Bulgaria

8401754319035

New product

Order of Bravery with Crossed Silver Swords of the Bulgarian Kingdom, 15mm ribbon on a metal tab backing, requires the main backing is sold separately. This is the 1915 version of the medal that was awarded during the WW1 and until the end of WW2.

3,72 € Tax excluded

Dispatch in 2 working days

Request more information

Order of Bravery with Crossed Silver Swords Ribbon Bar, Bulgaria

Order of Bravery with Crossed Silver Swords Ribbon Bar, Bulgaria

Order of Bravery with Crossed Silver Swords of the Bulgarian Kingdom, 15mm ribbon on a metal tab backing, requires the main backing is sold separately. This is the 1915 version of the medal that was awarded during the WW1 and until the end of WW2.

* Required fields

Cancel or 

More info

The order was established with a decree of the Knyaz on 19 May 1900 as a sign of the benevolence of the Monarch to the bravery of the Bulgarian army. It was similar to the Order of Civil Merit but made for military personnel. The order was given to military figures for immaculate service and special merit. It was established with six grades and in 1933 the Grand Cross was added.

The order had a shape of Pisan cross with shoulder covered in red enamel. There were two swords between them with edges pointing to the top. In the centre of the averse was placed the monogram of the founder Knyaz Ferdinand, surrounded by a ring in green enamel with inscription ЗА ВОЕННА ЗАСЛУГА (For Military Merit). The averse resembled that of the Order of Civil Merit but with green ring. It had a royal crown on the top.

During war the order had slightly different resemblance with laurel wreath on the shoulders of the cross and white ring.

After 9 September 1944 the ribbon was substituted with the one of the Order of Civil Merit, the monogram of Ferdinand was removed and replaced with the Bulgaria tricolour flag. In the 1950s the order was abolished. It was restored in two grades in 2004.